It’s quite a challenge to cook chicken legs (drumsticks) that are rightly seasoned and cooked all the way to the bones. Usually, chicken drumsticks need marination to keep them flavorful. I usually get disappointed when I bite into a fried, barbecued, or baked chicken leg that tastes bland or still oozing with blood.
This recipe that I am going to share with you doesn’t need a marinade. You just season them, pop them in the oven and an hour later, you’ll have one of the tastiest and juiciest baked chicken legs you will ever try!
I actually came up with this recipe, out of necessity. One time, I had a pack of chicken drumsticks sitting in the fridge that needed to be cooked or else it had to be tossed in the trash because the expiration date was pretty close. I used whatever ingredients I had and to my surprise it turned out pretty good. It has since become a family favorite, especially to hubby who is a very picky eater.
You only need 4 ingredients to make this. It’s simple and easy recipe that guarantees a fully cooked and seasoned, melt-in-your mouth goodness!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Yields: 12 pieces
4 lbs chicken drumsticks (12-13 pieces)
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp seasoned salt
1 tbsp dried parsley
Tools You’ll Need:
13” x 9” baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 350º F (or 177º C).
2. Arrange chicken legs on a 13” x 9” baking dish, side with less skin facing up (you will turn this over later on after you season the side).
3. Season with ½ tbsp seasoned salt.
4. Follow with ½ tbsp dried parsley flakes.
5. Use a spatula and coat with ¼ cup mayonnaise.
6. Turn drumsticks over (this time the side with the most skin facing up) and repeat steps 3-5.
7. Bake for 1 hour or until skin has turned golden brown and juices run clear.
8. Serve warm.