Seriously, just being out in the sun for 15 minutes to pick up my kids after their school bus drop off, I wanted to run back inside the house.
I thought of using an umbrella to protect myself from the sun, like most Filipinos do in Philippines, but it felt odd doing that now. Since I got here, I haven’t seen anyone with an umbrella unless it’s raining.
Anyway, when the weather’s like this, I prefer to stay indoors with A/C on and get comfortable, spend time on Facebook, or maybe read a book or two. Can’t really cook and bake much till after this heat wave is over.
In order to beat the heat, frozen treats or ice cold beverages are very much welcome–ice pops, ice cream, iced coffee, ice candy, smoothies, milk shakes, etc. My kids and I were in the mood for some good milk shake today–fruit milkshakes to be exact. Good thing we stocked up on some fresh fruits this week, so it was convenient. I made melon shake for them and avocado milkshake for myself. We all agree that it was delicious and satisfying!
Today’s recipe is for Filipino-style avocado milkshake. It’s sweet, thick, creamy, and so easy to prepare.
This is one good way of adding healthy fats into your diet since avocados are loaded with that. also called monounsaturated fats. You can substitute regular milk with skim milk, or even soy or almond milk.
Also, feel free to reduce the sugar or substitute with other sweeteners according to your taste. This makes 4 servings of milkshake, 16-0z or 2 cups each. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
4 pieces medium-size Hass avocados
1 tray ice cubes (about 2 cups water frozen)
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
2 cups whole milk
Tools/Materials You’ll Need:
1. Cut up avocados in half, remove the seeds, and scoop out the flesh using a spoon.2. Place into the blender the ice cubes, sugar, avocados, and milk. 3. Pulse in blender for a few minutes until smooth.4. Pour into individual glasses and serve.
- 4 pieces medium-size Hass avocados
- 1 tray ice cubes (about 2 cups water frozen)
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- Tools/Materials You'll Need:
- Cutting board
- Cut up avocados in half, remove the seeds, and scoop out the flesh using a spoon.
- Place into the blender the ice cubes, sugar, avocados, and milk.
- Pulse in blender for a few minutes until smooth.
- Pour into individual glasses and serve.
*Note: Tools/Products you see in this post can be purchased by clicking the links below (Disclaimer: affiliate links!)
- Hamilton Beach 58148A Power Elite Multi-Function Blender
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Clear with Red Measurements
- Rubbermaid White Ice Cube Tray (Pack of 4)
- Stemless Wine Glass Set, 4-Pack, 15 Ounce Wine Tumbler Set, Shatter- Resistant High-Quality Glass