This sweet and sour sauce is perfect for dipping fried foods like lumpia, fried chicken, fries, and our favorite in the house – squash fritters. It’s quick, easy, and inexpensive. You can make this ahead of time and place the sauce in a glass jar with tight fitting lid and store it in the refrigerator.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
½ cup distilled white vinegar
½ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons cooking oil(I use canola oil)
¼ cup tomato ketchup
Tools You’ll Need:
1. In a small prep bowl, dissolve cornstarch and water.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine white vinegar, salt, and sugar. Add the cornstarch and water mixture and mix very well.
3. Heat sauce pan on medium and add oil and ketchup. Use a whisk to combine. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the vinegar mixture and bring to a boil. Lower heat to low and keep stirring until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let it cool.