Finally, I’m posting the recipe for my most requested Filipino coconut macaroons! Every time there’s a get together or party, I’m always asked if I make this. It’s actually one of the first sweets that I learned to bake since I came to the US. When I was growing up, we didn’t have gas stove, let alone an oven, so I really didn’t know baking until I got married and moved here.
If you love coconut macaroons, try this one. You will not regret once you take your first bite. It’s soft and chewy and bursting with the goodness of coconut, butter, and milk. Everyone who tried this so far has only positive things to say, so that gives me confidence you’ll like it too!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 48 pieces
1 pack sweetened coconut flakes, 14 oz ( or 1 ¾ cup)
1 can condensed milk, 14 oz
3 large eggs ( or 4 medium ones)
2 sticks butter ( or 1 cup)
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line mini-muffin pans with paper cups and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan or microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Using a mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until smooth, about 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time and beat.
5. Add condensed milk and continue beating for another minute, then turn off the mixer.
6. Add in coconut flakes and mix using a spatula.
7. Drop 1 tbsp of mixture into muffin pans. Add raisins in the center (skip if you don’t like raisins).
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool before serving.